Wondering when certain taxes are due? Need to know the exact deadlines? Take a look at this post as we outline the tax deadlines for individuals/businesses and employers. For further details, chck out IRS Publication 509.
General Calendar For Individuals, Corporations & Partnerships
January 15, 2015
- 4th Quarter 2014 Estimated Tax Payment Due If you are self-employed or have other fourth-quarter income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes, get them postmarked by January 15, 2015.
March 16, 2015
- Deadline for filing a 2014 corporation or S-corporation return or extension.
April 15, 2015
- Individual Tax Returns Due for Tax Year 2014. If you haven’t applied for an extension, e-file or postmark your individual tax returns by midnight April 15, 2015.
- Individual Tax Return Extension Form Due for Tax Year 2014. Need more time to prepare your tax return? File your request for a tax extension by April 15 to push your deadline back to October 15, 2015.
- 1st Quarter 2015 Estimated Tax Payment Due. If you are self-employed or have other first-quarter income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes, get your Form 1040-ES postmarked by April 15, 2015.
- Last Day to make a 2014 IRA Contribution. If you haven’t already funded your retirement account for 2014, do so by April 15, 2015. That’s the deadline for a contribution to a traditional IRA, deductible or not, and a Roth IRA. However, if you have a Keogh or SEP and you get a filing extension to October 15, 2015, you can wait until then to put 2014 money into those accounts.
June 15, 2015
- Deadline for filing a 2014 personal return for U.S. citizens or residents living and working abroad, including military duty.
- 2nd Quarter 2015 Estimated Tax Payment Due. If you are self-employed or have other second-quarter income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes, make sure your payment is postmarked by June 15, 2015.
September 15, 2015
- Final deadline to file your 2014 corporation, S-corporation,